I've been AWOL for the last few days. I've hardly had time to read my flist, let alone post. College has been good, but it literally takes up my entire day. I go to college and I go to sleep - that's it!! :o) I've learned my lesson with not studying and first thing Monday morning I was in the library with my new books for this semester getting ahead on the reading. I've already finished "Beowulf", although we're not actually going to be doing that until April. I'm in the middle of "Macbeth" now, among other things.
Some fandomy things
I'll get to see last night's Supernatural sometimes this weekened. I saw Veronica Mars 3x11 last night though.
I liked it. It was a good, solid, amusing episode. I know some people have hated how wrong Veronica has seemed this season, but I don't think she was nessacarily wrong, just different - more snappy and sharp-tongued. I like that the breakup with Logan seems to have been something that softened her up, rather than making her even more bitter. I think it was really her wake up call.
I think I'm in love with Mac's new man Bronsan. He's SUCH a sweetheart, and SO hot. He looks really familiar, but I can't place him. I really loved Parker in this episode, LOVED her. I want her to get more of a storyline nowish. Wallace was nowhere to be seen - something I didn't realise until AFTER the episode. It sucks when you don't noticed that one of your fav characters is missing. Dick taking THAT picture? Pure comedy. Logan was just as I expected he'd be - self-destructive and down-beat.
So - the ending. It was so sad that when Piz was talking about not settling for someone like Parker when she wasn't the best he meant he was waiting for Veronica, while when V agreed, she was talking about no settling for anyone but Logan. It was good from the point of view of Veronica realising where she stands and how much she loves Logan, but sad for Piz.
I really liked how Veronica turned up at Logan's door - the expression on her face was perfect. The expression on Piz's face the next morning when he's thinking that he and V may have a chance and then Logan shows up - that was heartbreaking. And the one on Veronica's face when she GOT Piz's crush on her was more than a crush was really sad too.
The preview for next week - huh. Well, thank you Rob Thomas for making a really amazing and emotionally satisfying breakup between Logan and Veronica utterly null and void. Its looks like Logan had it off with a prostitute during their breakup and something really bad goes down. In it, Veronica's saying she'll 'never get over this'. Ominous.
Why couldn't they just for once make the breakup Veronica's fault? Why do they have to turn around go, no sorry, Veronica's not the one in the wrong after all, it's Logan, because he's the Bad Boy and must Break Her Heart. Yeah right - and then he'll turn up in the season finale to save her ass and they'll have the 39539043 epiphany that they still love each other.
Well played Mr. Thomas, well played. The game you're playing is more like, "Please, I'll Do Anything If You Just Renew Us, Including Fucking With Characterisation, Continuity, Quality and Everything Else That Makes This Show Semi-Good".
Not only do we get Doctor Who series 3 in a few months, but we also get a cartoon version of the show! A 13-part animated series is to run in the children's show Totally Doctor Who. It seems to be all one story, called The Infinite Quest, and both David and Freema voice their own characters, with Anthony Head (Giles or Mr. Finch depending on your fandom) voicing a character called Baltazar. The first image:
I checked out the trailer for ITV Saturday night series Primeval, and it reallt doesn't look so bad. Apparently, it'll be ending just as DW begins, so there'll be no competition wars. It really does seem interesting though. I wouldn't mind downloading the first episode and having a look.tardisdoll
who did well in her (mock) exams and will probably do better in her (real) exams. I stole this meme from her - it's good fun, everyone should do it!Step 1: Put your Media player on random.
Step 2: Post the first line(s) or your favourite lines of the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly
Some of my lyrics are so obvious, but I put them down anyway. Go crazy!
1. Fortune, fame, mirror, vain, gone insane, but the memory remains
2. I'd never tell you one lie, I'd never let you down, I'd be the one who'd always be around
3. Strange signs, crooked signals, strike down the last aerials, heaven's bending, below the world begins
4. Starry nights, city lights, coming down over me, skyscrapers, star-gazers in my head
5. We both take the hardest punches, and collect black eyes just to prove it, still we pass by just like strangers
6. Living easy, living free, season ticket on a one-way ride, asking nothing, leave me be, taking everything in my stride
7. A long time ago, we used to be friends, but I haven't thought of you lately at all "We Used To Be Friends" by the Dandy Warhols, guessed by tardisdoll 8. Who can say where the road goes, where the day flows, only time, and who can say if your love grows, as your heart shows, only time "Only Time" by Enya, guessed by tardisdoll
9. Can't close my eyes, they're wide awake, every hair on my body has got a thing for this place
10. Ergo, oceanus, maritimus, ergo, opacare, matutinus, ergo, septentrio, meridies, ergo, occidens et orientis "Tempus Vernum" by Enya, guessed by dancing_in_time 11. I got a fever, come check it and see, there's something burning and rolling in me, it may not last but we'll have fun 'til it ends "Bad Boyfriend" by Garbage, guessed by tardisdoll 12. One man come in the name of love, one man come and go, one man come here to justify, one man to overthrow "Pride (In the Name of Love)" by U2, guessed by bellasianna
13. The storm is bad tonight, so how could I, awake without you here, your picture's on the wall, you haven't called, but I'll wait for you
14. Can't beat the best ones, a little closer but maybe a bit too close, yeah, you function, you turn out a flawless performance
15. Mother, mother, tell your children that their time has just begun, I have suffered for my anger, there are wars that can't be won
16. Company always on the run, destiny is a rising sun, I was born, a six gun in my hand, behind a gun I make my final stand
17. They're gonna clean up your looks with all the lies in the books to make a citizen out of you, because they sleep with a gun and keep an
eye on you son so they can watch all the things you do
18. It was the roar of the crowd that gave me heartache to sing, it was a lie when they smiled, and said you won't feel a thing "Disenchanted" by My Chemical Romance, guessed by tardisdoll
19. Hello again, why so old, wasn't time your friend, I must told, hello again, it seems so long since we last, how has it gone
20. If I was your mother would you make me hold your hand, would you say you were my baby, would you always be my friend