- YAAAAAY!!!! Pushing Daisies season 2 trailer
!! It's hilarious and crack-laden and it wants you to love it!!! Seriously, in season 1 we got 9 episode of sugar and sweetness and puppy dog eyes between Chuck and Ned, but without being able to expand to 22 episodes, I don't think we got the full spectrum of just how hyper-on-speed, totally off the wall, cartoony in a good way brilliant PD can be. This trailer shows us that yes, yes, a whole other level of rainbow coloured insanity CAN be reached. ;o)
- So right. I got into Twilight last year, and sped my way through all 3 books despite the fact that I despised everything about Bella and Edward. I was going to get Breaking Dawn just for the heck of seeing how it all ends... but having read the FUCKING HILARIOUS plot spoilers, I am so completely and utterly not bothering. Stephanie Meyer is a bad writer, the series has no discernible plot and the characters have little y'know... character, but I truly didn't think she had THIS level of utter crap, cliches, Mary Sues and the lowest depths of fan fiction plotting in her... I am gobsmacked and I simply cannot stop laughing - moreover, I downright refuse
to stop laughing! This post
(full of spoilers, beware) over on ONTD is bringing me the LOLS in the hugest way.
- Also... I'm not in any of these 3 fandoms, so humour me on this: does this be true that LotR fandom looks down on the HP fandom, which in turn looks down on the Twilight fandom? I get that LotR is considered a piece of literary excellence and not simply within the fantasy genre but in all of them... but honestly, JKR is by no means a bad writer. Her writing isn't thousands of centuries deep with its own language, no, but it's witty, eccentric, subtle, dark and her characters just leap off the page, especially the trio. And I can understand looking down on Twilight so I'm not even gonna touch that one.
- Okay random comment about Doctor Who is random, but here it is - I like what happened with Rose at the end of Journey's End. I liked it in the way that I liked the emo and the tragedy at the end of Doomsday, y'know, and obviously not as in 'OMG I'm a big shipper, Ten/Rose is totally canon now bitches'. I liked the wrongess of it, I like the idea of the angst to come for Rose and Blue Ten. I like that it wasn't all's well that ends well and that Rose was left confused. Not because I hate her, but because the imperfect is more interesting than the perfect, no problems, happily ever after, in my opinion. Ten took Rose's choices from her and decided how her life should go, and the ramifications of that for both characters has really caught my imagination. How will she deal with that, how will he, how will human Ten deal with a human life? So yes, I like how everything ended not because it was shippy, or happy but because it really wasn't that shippy or happy. WHY DO I ENJOY THE ANGST???!
- OMG - recent Stargate SG-1 Comic Con reports tell me that there is most likely a third Stargate movie going into production. Holy crap that makes me happy. After the disaster that was Stargate Continuum (rehashing the season 8 finale, WTF?!) I am so glad that it won't be the last time we see SG-1 in action. Hopefully they'll be clued in on the fact that we're all there for the characters so they should y'know... include some damn character development in the next film.
- I have Atonement, Casino Royale, and The Illusionist lined up to watch. Without spoilering me, tell me they are good films yes, flist? I have never watched a James Bond film in my life, mostly because of the cheesiness factor, but a non-dark haired, non-traditionally good looking, non-sauve-looking Bond has caught my eye in Daniel Craig. I like that he seems all fuck you I don't care how shiny my shoes are... if that makes sense.